Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Rabiya Mateo, From Universe to Kapuso's In-Demand Actress


Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo has nothing but gratitude to GMA Network for the full support she's getting as far as her showbiz career is concern. Immediately after signing an exclusive contract with the Kapuso network last November 18, she was given guest stints in some of the station’s top-rating programs like Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho, The Boobay and Tekla Show, and Wish Ko Lang. She is also tapped as one of Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla's leading ladies in Book 2 of fantasy series "Alamat ng Agila".

"My heart is full of endless gratitude because the Kapuso has seen my potential. Not everybody receives this wonderful offer to be part of their stable. Especially now that we’re still in the midst of the pandemic, a lot of people have been struggling as to where they can have jobs. In my case, I’m fortunate and blessed for the network’s trust in me." the 25-year-old beauty queen expressed during the recent virtual media conference with selected entertainment bloggers.

Rabiya revealed that GMA already expressed interest in getting her services even before her reign as Miss Universe Philippines 2020 ended. 

"It happened before I competed in the Miss Universe pageant. And right after my competition for Miss Universe, my manager Jonas Gaffud and told me that GMA is interested in getting me."

Rabiya also looked back at her humble beginnings that made her to what she is now.

"I just came from a simple life, I had my humble beginnings, I have my struggles. But I realize, I have to go through those hardships because God will open that perfect door for you. 

"After Ms. Universe Philippines, I’ve been asking myself, ‘What’s next? What am I going to do? Babalik na ba ako sa pagiging Physical Therapist?’ But I’m just happy that the people here in GMA did see my potential as an actress, as a host, and I’m excited sa mga parating na projects. I’m very happy. I can’t believe that I am officially  with GMA. I can finally say, I’m officially a Kapuso!” said Rabiya.

Catch Rabiya in the upcoming Kapuso fantasy series "Alamat ng Agila" Book 2 soon on GMA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India