Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Garrett Bolden Shares His Music Journey in Debut Album "Chapters"


Garrett Bolden is finally releasing his debut album titled "Chapters" under GMA Music.

2 of the songs from the EP are his own compositions: Our Love (theme song of I Left My Heart in Sorsogon) and Pwede Pa Ba (theme song of the Thai series, Bad Romeo). While the other 2 songs won awards for Garrett: 

11th PMPC Star Awards for Music, New Male Recording Artist for Lilipad Na
2020 - 33rd Awit Awards, People's Choice for New Male Artist for Handa Na Maghintay
2021 - 12th PMPC Star Awards For Music – Male Pop Recording Artist for Handa Na Maghintay

His latest single, Ikaw Pala is a revival of a classic hit from Kris Lawrence in the early 2000.

"I feel thankful and excited kasi it's a fulfillment for me to release my first album," he said during an interview with GMA Network.

He describes how his album came to be. "It contains five songs, it talks about the journey of falling in love and having heartbreaks and waiting for the right one.

"If I were to put it together since "Lilipad Na" up to" Ikaw Pala" it's like a book that talks about love from different people. It also talks about the music journey I've been through."

Garrett shares how he picked this song, "During the process of picking songs, sa pag-iisip ng aking next single, there's been a couple of songs in our minds pero itong song na po ito narinig ko po ang ang sarap bigyan ng sariling interpretation."

He admits he did feel a little bit of pressure when making his album. "Hindi po mawawala sa isip ko na isipin kung magugustuhan ba ng mga tao at paano nila tatanggapin 'yung album, nandoon 'yung fear. I'm just really having fun, and I'm enjoying how I'm able to share a full album."

Aside from releasing his first album, one of Garrett's recent achievements is appearing in a stage production of Miss Saigon in Guam where he appeared as American G.I. John Thomas.

'Yung journey ko sa Miss Saigon is something I won't forget, it's my first big production. I'm very thankful for all the experiences I had and hopefully I could do more. It's something I really want to do," he said.

"Chapters" will be released and available for download and streaming on digital stores worldwide on January 27 under GMA Music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India